UNSW Engineering is embarking on an exciting project to create the world's first student-designed, built, and operated nuclear fusion device. Led by Dr. Patrick Burr and part of UNSW Engineering's VIP program, the aim is to construct the fusion reactor within two to three years. This interdisciplinary collaboration engages social sciences and arts to share fusion technology's potential benefits.
Links to media coverage:
- World-first fusion device to be built at UNSW Sydney | UNSW Newsroom
- Student-built nuclear fusion reactor to debut in Australia | Interesting Engineering
- UNSW students to build small scale nuclear fusion device | Australian Manufacturing Forum
- UNSW Sydney to house world’s first student-built nuclear fusion device | Australian Manufacturing
- World-first nuclear fusion device to be built by students | Cosmos Magazine
- World-first nuclear fusion project at UNSW Sydney | Energy Magazine