The VIP Consortium
The VIP Consortium is an alliance of institutions that have successfully implemented the Vertically Integrated Projects program and are committed to its continued improvement and dissemination. To date, 35 institutions across the globe have joined the VIP Consortium, and thousands of students participate in VIP programs on these campuses each semester.
VIP Consortium, Inc. was incorporated as a not-for-profit organization in Georgia in 2019. Its mission is to improve the effectiveness of higher education so that it produces more college graduates who are better prepared to enter the workforce and to address evolving 21st century challenges.
The VIP Consortium will do this by:
- disseminating the Vertically Integrated Projects (VIP) program, a well-vetted and scalable model for creating deep, long-lasting, impactful student-faculty collaborations;
- creating, supporting and expanding a robust community of VIP Consortium partner institutions;
- ensuring the quality and consistency of VIP programs by defining and maintaining essential elements of VIP sites and promoting best practices;
- providing specialized techniques and tools for program management and assessment; and
- engaging in efforts to continually improve the VIP model through large-scale research and evaluation of the model in varied academic settings.
- Increase the percentage of students who graduate from college, particularly in STEM fields.
- Improve access to high-impact undergraduate scholarship and exploration experiences for all students and, by doing so, increase the number of underserved students who participate and persist to graduation.
- Create a pathway for students to increase depth in their fields of study as well as to acquire and practice professional skills which prepare them for productive, rewarding careers.
- Teach students to engage in innovation in multidisciplinary, diverse, collaborative environments that will better prepare them to navigate continuous changes in technologies, industries, society, and the global economy.
- Drive systemic reform of higher education to ensure sustainability of the above outcomes.